MASIGNCLEAN104

PC stuck on Getting Windows ready, Don't turn off your computer screen

iklan banner

If when you lot are upgrading your Windows 10 estimator or laptop to a newer version, it is stuck on Getting Windows ready, Don't plow off your estimator screen, hence this shipping is certain to involvement you.

I lately encountered this hide piece upgrading my Windows  PC stuck on Getting Windows ready, Don't plow off your estimator screen

Getting Windows ready, Don't plow off your computer

I lately encountered this hide piece upgrading my Windows 10 v 1607 to Windows v1703. While my other laptops did non aspect upwards whatever issues, my Dell XPS laptop was stuck at this hide for over ii hours! But in that place receive got been reports that it fifty-fifty takes vii hours!

First, you lot volition receive got to catch if the cursor's (circle) animation state:

  1. Is it moving
  2. Or is it frozen?

The circle animation is moving

Well, what tin forcefulness out or should you lot create inwards this case? Actually zero much. You only take away to wait till the upgrade procedure is over.

Never brand the error of shutting downward your laptop, else you lot never know, the PC powerfulness only non boot!

What did I do? After patiently waiting for over ii hours, I decided to larn to sleep. But I had ensured that my laptop would never larn to sleep.

Before I get-go whatever upgrade procedure I e'er ensure that my laptop volition non Sleep when plugged in. In Windows 10, you lot volition larn the setting nether Setting > System > Power & Sleep. You volition catch a drop-down for When plugged in, plow off after setting. I select Never earlier upgrading my PC.

I ensured that the laptop was connected to the Mains ability render as well as things were all working fine.

After a few hours I establish that the laptop had successfully upgraded as well as when I logged inwards I saw the next screen.

I lately encountered this hide piece upgrading my Windows  PC stuck on Getting Windows ready, Don't plow off your estimator screen

So the takeaway from this pocket-size post?

As long every bit the circle animation is moving, don't create anything. Just wait.

The circle animation is frozen

What if the animation itself is frozen? Well, I'd rank all the same expect for a day. If you lot mean value its a lost cause, good you lot powerfulness receive got shut down Windows using the Power switch on the laptop.

  1. If your PC reboots, great! Clear the contents of the Software Distribution folder, reset the Catroot2 folder as well as hence run Windows Update again.
  2. If your PC does non boot, well, you lot may receive got to reinstall Windows 10, using Media Creation Tool or Windows Upgrade Assistant, ensuring that the ‘Keep personal files & data' selection is selected during installation.

Useful read: This shipping shows you lot how to access Safe Mode or Advanced Startup Options when Windows 10 is stuck on loading unopen to screen amongst the spinning dots animation moving endlessly, welcome mode, login screen, starting Windows or volition non boot.

All the best!


Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/
Share This :