MASIGNCLEAN104

Rename or change OS name in Windows Boot Manager

iklan banner

In spite of having successfully upgraded my Windows 8.1 PC to Windows 10, my operating organization was however existence identified equally Windows 8. Moreover on every showtime I was shown the boot/OS option covert as well as offered Windows 8 as well as Windows 8, equally though it was a dual-boot system! If you lot besides are facing a like issue, where the wrong Windows version is shown inwards the msconfig Boot Tab, you lot powerfulness desire to follow this tutorial.

First I removed the Windows 8 OS entry which led nowhere, as well as kept exclusively the working Windows 8 entry which booted into Windows 10. Having done that, I renamed Windows 8 entry to Windows 10.

Change OS cite inwards Windows Boot Manager

In spite of having successfully upgraded my Windows  Rename or modify OS cite inwards Windows Boot Manager

Open the WinX Menu as well as guide Run. In the Run box type msconfig as well as hitting Enter to opened upwards the System Configuration Utility. Here nether the Boot tab, I could run into that my operating organization was however existence identified equally Windows 8, inwards spite of having Windows 10 installed. In fact, I could run into ii entries of Windows 8. I deleted i using this tool, which was a a dead entry.

Now in i lawsuit you lot create got verified that that your OS is existence wrongly identified as well as this is happening inwards your illustration also, I advise that to rectify this final result easily, you lot download a gratis tool called EasyBCD.

This portable tool lets you lot create got command of your bootloader. You produce non create got to install it. Simply run its executable file to run into the next interface.

In spite of having successfully upgraded my Windows  Rename or modify OS cite inwards Windows Boot Manager

Click on Edit Boot Menu. Now, guide the operating organization you lot desire to rename, as well as click on the Rename button. You tin forthwith rename the entry at that spot itself.

While here, you lot may also desire to guide Skip the kicking menu, if it is non already selected – equally was the illustration alongside me. Once you lot create got done this, click on Save Settings as well as restart you lot computer.

Now opened upwards msconfig over again as well as check,

In spite of having successfully upgraded my Windows  Rename or modify OS cite inwards Windows Boot Manager

You volition endure able to run into the cite you lot create got given. In my illustration I had renamed it to Windows 10, as well as that was what I could see.

Hope this quick pocket-sized tip helps you.

This postal service volition demo you lot what to produce if Use master kicking configuration is greyed out.


Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/
Share This :