MASIGNCLEAN104

Things I don’t like about Edge, and why I switched back to Internet Explorer

iklan banner

Microsoft has introduced Edge browser inwards Windows 10 together with laid upwardly it every bit the default browser, on the novel operating system. While Edge is good, fast together with secure, later on using it for a calendar week or two, I decided to larn dorsum to my favorite Internet Explorer. I establish Edge wanting and  incomplete, together with at that spot were features that I missed badly. Here are the things I did non similar close Edge – the features I missed including the fewer customization together with administration options – together with why I switched dorsum to IE

1] You cannot display simply icons inwards the favorites bar

 together with at that spot were features that I missed badly Things I don’t similar close Edge, together with why I switched dorsum to Internet Explorer

When I imported my bookmarks from Internet Explorer, I establish that they displayed on the Favorites bar inwards the shape of Icon+Name. I establish no agency to edit the cite or to display simply the icon. You could entirely edit the cite when you lot were adding a link to bookmarks.  I liked to display simply the icon together with this is non possible. This looked ugly together with my bookmarks bar overflowed together with looked cluttered.

2] There is no No F11 or full-screen mode.

I ask this when I am blogging. Sure at that spot is the Reading View, but that shuts downwards a lot of spider web page functionalities.

3] Clicking twice on the address bar to type URL

 together with at that spot were features that I missed badly Things I don’t similar close Edge, together with why I switched dorsum to Internet Explorer

Have you lot noticed? You convey to click on the address bar twice to last able to type a URL. This happens later on you lot burn downwards upwardly the spider web browser or opened upwardly a novel tab.

Sure you lot tin type the URL inwards the search box too, but yesteryear habit I discovery myself going to the address bar to type URLs.

 together with at that spot were features that I missed badly Things I don’t similar close Edge, together with why I switched dorsum to Internet Explorer

Clicking twice is something I produce non like.

4] RSS Feed back upwardly missing

There is no agency to read RSS Feeds, which is of import to me. I don’t simply utilisation the browser to browse spider web pages together with surf the Internet. It has to offering me additional functionality.

5] Poor context carte support

The right-click context carte offers hardly whatsoever items. There is no Search with, Translate with, Open link, etc, carte items which are real oftentimes used yesteryear me.

There are many to a greater extent than reasons. Like you lot cannot change the Download folder. You convey to truly comport out a workaround to larn this chore done. But these five reasons are skillful plenty for me to switch dorsum to the under-rated, but truly good, Internet Explorer.

Edge browser may utilisation newer technology, swallow lesser battery, don a smart minimalistic UI, together with convey many new features, but what I desire is missing from it.

Microsoft has said that they conception to innovate newer features together with plug-in back upwardly soon, before the yr ends. We promise it does this soonest, before the newness of Edge dies downwards together with people larn dorsum to their before browsers similar Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.

What close you? Are you lot using Edge or convey you lot switched dorsum to your before browser. Which i together with why?


Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/
Share This :